Ashwagandha has been used as a traditional form of medicine in India for centuries. Ashwagandha is part of the adaptogen and Ayurveda families. It is a root that helps the body adapt to external and internal stresses. Biologically, ashwagandha lowers the levels of cortisol (i.e. stress hormone) in the human body.
There are an abundance of health benefits directly related to lower cortisol levels:
- reduced stress and anxiety
- enhance memory and cognitions
- supports thyroid health
- promotes healthy weight management
- promotes muscle strength, size, and recovery
- enhance cardiorespiratory endurance
- promotes sexual health in men and women
We use the award winning KSM-66 Ashwagnadha. Results from KSM-66 Ashwagandha have suggested that ashwagandha safely and effectively improves an individual's resistance towards stress and thereby improves self-assessed quality of life.